Friday 1 April 2016

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Danielle Peazer's Peace Eye Shadow Palette


 Welcome to a new post!

As you might know, I am pretty obsessed with Danielle Peazer. She has recently launched a few eye shadow palettes and fragrances with Young & Gifted, in a collection called Peace Love Happiness. I obviously wanted to get them all straight away, but I decided to wait for Easter instead, as I had zero inspiration what I should ask for. Since I am not the biggest consumer of fragrances, but I love eyeshadows, escpecially brown toned ones, I decided to go for the Peace palette. I thought I would give you some first impressions on it because I didn't really have much time to test it yet, but I wanted to do a blogpost about it as soon as possible.


When I first had the palette in my hands I was a little confused because it suddenly seemed much smaller than I expected it to be. It isn't a bad thing though since it is the perfect size for traveling. It's a little less smaller than my pretty average sized hand, if anyone is wondering. It's not very high either, and opens pretty easily.
The mirror covers nearly the entire upper part of the palette, which is another plus for travelling and if you don't have any other mirror near you.

The actual eyeshadows are a little smaller than MAC eyeshadows, and you are able to replace them with other shadows from her other palettes if you want to. There's also a brush that comes with it, which I didn't expect much of. It feels pretty good though for the usual palette brush. There's a normal eyeshadow brush side, which is a little tiny but seems alright, as well as a blending brush, which seems to be pretty well made for it being that tiny.

There are three matte shades in the palette, and five glittery/shimmery shades. The ones on the left are all pretty basic and light shades whereas the ones on the right are a little darker and noticeable. 'Golden Syrup' and 'Wooden' are a glittery copper shade and a warm brown tone, and 'Chocolate' and 'Deep Trust' are a greenish kind of brown and a blue toned grey. 


All eight colours are really well pigmented, especially the brown shades, and quite buttery as well. I know that is a weird way to describe an eyeshadow, but I still haven't found a better word for it. They crumble a little, but not too much to be annoying. 

My favourite colours are definetely the two brown ones, as I tend to not use grey or green that much, but I will find use for them all, I am pretty sure.

I have already tried the primer shade at the top left, 'Golden Syrup', 'Chocolate', 'Ivory Kiss' and 'Wooden, to create a look on Easter Monday. I probably won't use the palette on its own that often, as I prefer to use other shades for my crease, and mix the browns up a little every day, but it definetely looks pretty on the eye, and they come up just as nice on it.


The palettes are all 14.50£, and I just noticed that the single eyeshadows went up on the page as well, which must be new. So if you want to get a palette but also want single eyeshadows from another palette, you can mix them as much as you would like and create your own perfect palette, which I find a pretty good idea! The single ones are all 3£ each, if anyones wondering. I will definetely be thinking about getting some other shadows for my palette.

To sum it all up - an amazingly pigmented palette, perfectly sized for traveling and easily able to be mixed up with different shades from the other palettes.

Congrats to Danielle for an amazing job creating these! ♥


Have you tried anything out of Danielle's range? Let me know if you did, and what you think of it. :)

Have a great weekend! ♥


Love, Jacqueline Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment